As it is Fun Friday I wanted to celebrate like the working people do, I thought I would give you the Top 9 comments from my second day back at work. I have started doing a few relief days here and there, which I am absolutely loving. Just enough to remember I am human and that the empty parking space between my ears was previously occupied by brains and qualifications, but few enough to realize my heart is home with my boys, Larry Emdur and Ready, Steady, Cook.
So here they are Drum Roll…………………………………….
- She’s copying my turtle.
- I can’t see. (Thought she couldn’t see the board, but actually no…she really couldn’t see, the downside of the supply teacher…not knowing the children)
- ‘Josh farted”
(Yes, thank you so much Josh. I had already discovered this after walking straight into it. Really felt like it was in my mouth, like only a child’s fart can be. What the hell do these little humans eat?)
- ‘Can I go to the toilet?’
‘No, you just had lunch’.
‘But I’m busting.
‘Okay, go quickly’. (I really wonder what I expect from children when I say silly things like ‘Go quickly’. Do I want them to push harder? Or just run to the toilet quicker?)
- Child returns from the toilet ten minutes later. ‘You took a very long time Jack, where have you been?
‘It was a poo, not a wee’. (enough said Jack…won’t ask that again)
- Nicolas tried to wee on me. (What is it with little boys and mucking around in the toilet? Actually come to think of it, men continue to do this well into their thirties)
- Are you married?
- Do you want to come to my birthday party? It’s on Sunday, there will be lots of other old people there, but you can’t have cake because my mum has already made it and it won’t be big enough.
- Your big toe is hairy. (My personal favourite)
This is why I adore working with our little people. Never a dull moment, honest, raw and innocent. You cry with them, you laugh with them and then you catch headlice from them. If you’re feeling fat, they’ll confirm it for you, If you think you’re funny, they’ll change your mind, If you’re feeling sad they’ll rub your back and hug your leg.
I love Year One!
Have A Great Weekend :0
NB: It isn’t really my toe in the picture, but I was quite horrified to find when searching google for ‘hairy toe images’ an actual link for ‘ The best hairy toe websites’ ????????